Monday, August 17, 2009

It's Christmas Time in August!

I have FINALLY sat down to do some quilting. My goal is to get this small Christmas quilt done and quilted before the holiday. I had started this quilt in Las Vegas - but once I moved to Chicago all quilting came to an abrupt halt! I don't have any of my quilting buddies to prod me on - so nothing at all got done. I have a small room in the apartment that houses my office and I have sat it up to be a hobby room as well. Hopefully I will get to Joann's today so I can get some additional lighting, it is dark in this room. With my old eyes - I need lots of light. I do have a peeping Tom watching what I am doing.....

These are some pictures of the craft/hobby/office room. You will see that there isn't much space, but room enough to do some serious quilting. Lots of projects and lots of stuff....but it is so much more fun when you have someone (other than the Peeping Tom) working with you. I miss my friend Mary - especially when I come across something I don't know how to handle!!!

Abby will have her hands full getting the quilting done on all these projects so I think I will send some of the work out to Mary so she can make lots of money! She'll need it to go to all of the art exhibits her husband Richard is going to this year!!!!

I still have a quilt to make for my daughter-in-law Angel, lots for me and lots of wall hangings so I have quilts to give to all my kids. There's enough work here for me to quilt until I'm 100 years old. And ... I want more. Heather, I think that this might be where you got your love of lots of "stuff".... never enough wool - never enough quilt projects.

Hopefully - now that I'm back in the groove, there will be more posts. By the way - today is my sister Regina's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY REGINA, LOVE YOU!!!


No comments: