Saturday, January 3, 2009

Go Giants Go!!!

While not a big football fan, Shari and I spent the day working on my son Joe's Holiday quilt. Of course, it has a New York Giants theme. It's a BQ quilt - I made the same one for my grandson Joey - his had a fish theme. If you want to make a quilt in a day, this is the one for you. Of course, it is really a twin size or lap quilt. On Monday, it will go to Abby's house for quilting. Tomorrow I will go to the Christmas Goose to make a pillowcase to go with it! It was fun and easy - and I can just see Joe sitting on his couch watching the football game with this and Weenie dog in his lap.

It took Shari and me about 9 hours to make the quilt and we have one little problem that we have to fix - if we can't, then Abby will do it for us! We still have a problem with our seams not always coming together....when the quilt gets heavy it pulls the bottom layer out. We don't always catch it and it leaves a gap in the quilt. Hopefully we will get better and better and this won't be a problem!

Tomorrow Shari will work on her quilt as she only has a couple of months to finish it. She doesn't get a chance to work on it every day and hers will be a large queen sized quilt.

Now off to bed with a good book - or should I say The Good Book. I am reading the Bible from cover to cover and I'm in 1 Kings. Sometimes its fast reading and sometimes slow - right now, SLOW.

2 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

That is a great quilt. I love the way you used the Giants fabric. What is a BQ quilt? Thanks for your comments on my blog.

Faye said...

http://www.mapleislandquilts.com/images/Product/large/MIQ705.jpg

It is a fun quilt to make - and I made mine in a day. Now I have to send it to my daughter in Wisconsin to quilt it! My daughter took me to a great little quilt shop when I was in NC...I think it was in Dallas. What part of NC are you from?