Sunday, January 4, 2009

January.....


Today was a lazy Sunday. Spent most of the morning working on a January wall-hanging. This is a series that has a hanging for every month. Since I have a spot in my living room to hang quilts, I thought this would be fun! Molly is supervising - she had to get in the picture! I still need to quilt it and put the backing on it - then it will be ready to hang!

Later in the day Shari and I went to the Christmas Goose. The Goose is my favorite quilt store in Las Vegas. I love the people that own it and my friend Mary and I spend an awful lot of time (and money) there! Mary is my best Las Vegas friend and one of the main reasons I quilt as well as I do! She is a phenomenal quilter and shares her knowledge freely!

Shari worked on a table runner for her new apartment. She is almost finished, but has to put on the binding and backing.

I got a small purse that hangs on a belt - that is my next small project. I cut the fabric, but either I'm dyslexic or crazy - the directions make NO sense to me at all. Pitiful really!!! I also have the February wall-hanging to get started on as well as a new project on ANGELS to work on for one or both of my Angels (Josh's fiancee and Joe's wife). All in all, a productive day!



2 comments:

Mary B said...

Just wanted you to know I read your blog. Very interesting. The picture of me isn't too bad, at least its not a close-up. We all look better at a distance. mary

Faye said...

Mary, you always look great to me! I wouldn't know what to do out here without you!